MD (Internal Medicine)
MRCP (Endocrinology & Diabetes)
1.V Eligar, PN Taylor, OE Okosieme, CM Dayan. Book: Hormones, Brain and Behavior, Edition: 3rd 2017, Chapter: Thyroid Hormone Replacement, Publisher: Elsevier, Editors: Pfaff & Joels, pp.329-339
2.V Eligar, PN Taylor, OE Okosieme, GP Leese, and CM Dayan; Thyroxine replacement: a clinical endocrinologist’s viewpoint Ann Clin Biochem July 2016 53: 421-433
3.A Kalhan, V S Eligar, Das G, Bondugulapati L. Best of Five MCQ’s Endocrinology & Diabetes SCE, Oxford University Press, UK
4.Sudarshi D, Lawrence S, Pickrell WO, Eligar V, Walters R, et al. (2014) Human African Trypanosomiasis Presenting at Least 29 Years after Infection—What Can This Teach Us about the Pathogenesis and Control of This Neglected Tropical Disease? PLoS Negl Trop Dis 8(12): e3349. doi:10.1371/journal.pntd.0003349
5.Das G, Eligar V, Govindan J, Bondugulapati L, Okosieme O, Davies J : Impact of vitamin D replacement in patients with normocalcemic and hypercalcemic primary hyperparathyroidism and coexisting vitamin D deficiency. Ann Clin Biochem. 2014 Dec 2.
6.Vinay Eligar, J. Stephen Davies. Vitamin D prescribing: the issues with unlicensed products. Prescriber 12/2014; 25. DOI: 10.1002/psb.1287
7.A Kalhan, V S Eligar, A Rees. Why do we need new options for managing FH? Primary Care Cardiovascular Journal (PCCJ) 09/2014; DOI: 10.3132/pccj.2014.025
8.Eligar VS, Bondugulapati LN, Rees A. Management of homozygous familial hypercholesterolaemia. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2014 Jun; 25(3):237-8.
9.Bondugulapati LN, Eligar VS, Rees A.Bariatric surgery and cardiovascular risk reduction. Curr Opin Lipidol. 2014 Jun;25(3):233-4
10.WO Pickrell, D Sudarshi, VS Eligar et al. Tripped up by an unusual diagnosis?
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2013; 84:e2
11. G Das, V S Eligar, J Govindan and D A Rees. Late presentation of hyperandrogenism in pregnancy: clinical features and differential diagnosis. Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Case Reports 2013; 10.
12. V S Eligar, S.C Bain. Insulin degludec in Type1 diabetes. Clini.Invest 2013; 3:10, 943-950.
13. V S , S.C Bain. A review of sitagliptin with special emphasis on its use in moderate to severe renal impairment. Drug Design, Development and Therapy 2013:7 893-903.Eligar
14. V S , T Min & M K Jones. Management of persistent TSH elevation in hypothyroid patients. Endocrine Abstracts (2012) 28 P369 Eligar
15. V S Eligar, S.C Bain. Clinical case: Penicillamine induced Rash. Dental Update October 2011
16. V S Eligar, S.C Bain. Clinical case: Addison’s disease. Dental Update September 2011
17. V S.Eligar. Levothyroxine: factors affecting its intestinal absorption and metabolism. The West London Medical Journal 2011 Vol 3 No 4 pp 9 -14
18. VS , R Chudleigh. Non-Insulin injectable therapy. General Medicine2 April 2010Eligar
19.V S Eligar, N Agarwal, Mwilliams. Microvascular and Macrovascular complications in screening versus symptom diagnosed type 2 diabetes:an observational study. Diabetic Medicine Volume 26, S1, pages 79–199, March 2009
Study of polymorphisms affecting the deiodinase type 2 enzyme and correlation with clinical outcomes in hypothyroid subjects currently managed on levothyroxine.
2. Cardiff Hypoglycaemia risk Score: An innovative risk prediction score is being developed to prevent 1st hypoglycaemia in diabetes inpatients. presented at ADA 2017.